Hello, welcome to this tutorial on how to create a subdomain Namecheap. If you own a domain from Namecheap and want to create a subdomain to use for a specific purpose or to organize your content, this tutorial will guide you through the process step by step.
Creating a subdomain in Namecheap is a simple process that can be done in just a few minutes. By the end of this tutorial, you will have your subdomain created and ready to use. Let’s get started.
How to create a Subdomain Namecheap
To create a subdomain in Namecheap, you will need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your Namecheap account and navigate to the “Domain List” page.
- Locate the domain you want to create the subdomain for and click on the “Manage” button.
- Scroll down to the “Advanced DNS” tab and click on the “Add New Record” button.
- Select “CNAME Record” from the “Type” drop-down menu.
- In the “Host” field, enter the subdomain name you want to create (e.g. “subdomain”).
- In the “Value” field, enter the target domain or IP address for the subdomain.
- Click on the “Save” button.
- Wait for the DNS propagation to complete (this can take up to 24 hours)
Please note that it will also depend on how your DNS is currently set up. It’s important to check that you do not have any conflicting records and also to check with your hosting provider what should be the target value.
Additionally, your hosting provider may have additional steps or configurations that need to be done on their end to make your subdomain to work.