Home Destination Covid 19 Travel Registration
Covid 19 Travel Registration

Covid 19 Travel Registration


Covid 19 Travel Registration, If you’re leaving Greater Sydney or leaving or entering an area of concern for work, you’ll need to record your trip register for travel within nsw.

Table of Contents hide

Covid 19 Travel Registration

If you live in Greater Sydney, you may need to register for travel when travelling for work outside of Greater Sydney.

Greater Sydney does not include Shellharbour and the Central Coast for the purposes of this travel registration. People travelling to Shellharbour and the Central Coast in the circumstances listed will be required to register to do so.

You will need to register to travel outside of Greater Sydney if you are:

  • travelling for work more than 50km outside Greater Sydney (including authorised workers from local government areas of concern)
  • inspecting a potential place of residence outside Greater Sydney because you genuinely need a place to live in, as soon as practicable (no investment properties)
  • moving between 2 places of residence:
    • for your work (only the worker can travel to the residence)
    • to undertake urgent maintenance, repairs, or attend to animal welfare (if so, only 1 person may travel to the other residence).

Construction workers who are authorised workers are not eligible for this travel registration as they are only able to work at a construction site in Greater Sydney.

Use the Travel registration checker for Greater Sydney residents to check if you need to register your travel outside of Greater Sydney.

Leaving or entering area of concern for work

From 12.01am on Saturday 28 August 2021, you will need to register your travel within NSW if you are:

  • an authorised worker living in a local government area of concern and you need to leave your area for work
  • entering a local government area of concern from either Greater Sydney or from regional and rural NSW to carry out work in the area of concern.

You are not required to register your travel in order to provide an emergency service.

Authorised worker (construction workers) are only eligible to register to travel for work within Greater Sydney.

Read Also: How to Apply for Work Permit NSW

Covid 19 Travel Registration

Covid 19 Travel Registration NSW – general information

The register to travel within nsw is valid for a maximum of 14 days and you will need to reapply if:

  • you are travelling for more than 14 days, or
  • your travel dates change or need to be amended.

You must register travel nsw carry your travel registration and supporting documents with you at all times as you will need to provide these to NSW Police if requested. You may also need to provide evidence of having had a COVID-19 test as required for Sydney workers or that you have met any COVID-19 vaccination requirements that apply to you.

Register travel permit Supporting documents may include a letter from your employer with your:

  • employer details and your details
  • what work you do and why you need to travel
  • your hours of work – for example, 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
  • the dates over which the work will be carried out.

If you are self-employed, supporting documents may include a letter with:

  • the name of the business
  • the type of business
  • the number of employees, including apprentices
  • the location of where the work is taking place.

Covid 19 travel registration form click here to Register your travel


An exemption has been granted for Australian Defence Force personnel and certain health workers  in relation to these requirements for work travel register for permit.

The exemption applies to all Australian Defence Force personnel and specific categories of health workers who may not know where they will be working in advance, or may need to enter areas urgently to respond to emergencies and other serious events.

Under the exemption, the following persons do not need to register their travel:

  • a person providing the following health services:
    • aeromedical retrieval
    • a patient transport service
    • organ transport and retrieval
  • a registered health practitioner who is undertaking work because of an emergency
  • a registered health practitioner who is undertaking work because of unforeseen or unplanned circumstances or who provides health services at a public health facility or private health facility or health practice as a locum or as part of an agency service
  • Australian Defence Force personnel.

There is a condition that the person who is exempt from the requirement to register their travel must provide details of the workplace(s) the person will be working and their employer(s) on request of NSW Police.

COVID-19 testing clinics

COVID-19 clinics

Getting tested for COVID-19 is free, convenient and easy.

If a GP (doctor) referral is required for a private testing clinic, ask whether you will be charged for the referral.

COVID-19 testing for travel clearance purposes is conducted at private pathology clinics only. Charges may apply for COVID-19 testing service nsw register travel.

Who should get tested

It is important to maintain high testing rates to identify as many cases in the community as quickly as possible.

Get tested if you have

  • any COVID-19 symptoms, even if only mild
  • visited a place or travelled on public transport at the same time as a confirmed COVID-19 case
  • been at an interstate COVID-19 case location during a specific time period
  • been in contact with a person (including family, friends and people you live or work with) who
    • is confirmed to be infected with COVID-19 or
    • is a close contact of someone confirmed to be infected with COVID-19

People at risk

It is important that you monitor for symptoms carefully and get tested if they appear if you are

  • a healthcare worker
  • a disability and aged care worker
  • at increased risk of severe disease
  • working in a school community.

Information and advice

Follow the NSW Health advice for

Call the National Coronavirus Health Information Line for information about COVID-19 on 1800 020 080.

Translating and interpreting services are available on 131 450.

Rapid antigen tests

Rapid antigen tests will be performed onsite in selected workplaces and schools in NSW.

Read more about rapid antigen testing.

Pandemic leave disaster payment

You may be eligible for financial support if you can’t earn an income because

  • NSW Health has directed you to self-isolate or quarantine for 14 days or
  • you are caring for someone who has COVID-19.

Find out if you are eligible for

What you need to do

Close contacts

Immediately self-isolate, even if you feel well and don’t have any symptoms.

You must get a COVID-19 test and self-isolate for at least 14 days after you last had contact with the infectious person.

Follow the NSW Health advice for close contacts.

Casual contacts

Get a COVID-19 test immediately, even if you feel well and don’t have any symptoms.

You must self-isolate until you receive a negative test. You may be required to get more than one test.

Follow the NSW Health advice for casual contacts.

Secondary close contacts

You are a secondary close contact if you have been close to someone since they were exposed to COVID-19. This includes anyone who:

  • lives in the same home as a close contact of a person with COVID-19
  • has visited the home of a close contact of a person with COVID-19
  • has been visited in their home by a close contact of a person with COVID-19
  • has shared a confined space (such as a car) with a friend who is a close contact of a person with COVID-19.

Get a COVID-19 test immediately, even if you feel well and don’t have any symptoms.

If you live with someone who is a close contact, you must self-isolate from the close contact.

Follow the NSW Health advice for secondary close contacts.

How do I book a Covid vaccination

When you select a testing clinic to visit, check the details before you go to see if

  • you need to make a booking
  • children can be tested at the clinic
  • a referral from your GP is required
  • there is wheelchair access
  • the clinic is drive-through and you need to stay in your car for the test.

You will need to bring one form of identification with you.

While the COVID-19 test is a simple and quick process, get to the clinic with enough time before it closes for staff to explain the process and answer any questions you have.

After your test

Go straight home and self-isolate until you receive your result, unless otherwise advised by NSW Health.

Do not stop off along the way. 

If you need groceries or other essential items, ask family or a friend to drop them off at the front door.

If you need to pick up your children, ask another parent or family member to drop them home.

Getting your results

When you are tested you will be given information on how to register to receive an SMS text message with your COVID-19 test result.

Results typically take 24 to 72 hours.

Public hospitals

If you’ve been tested at a public hospital clinic or emergency department, you can receive your result securely through your MyServiceNSW account.

If you have the Service NSW mobile app, you can receive a message with your COVID-19 test result through the app.

Private clinics

If you were tested by a private pathology provider and have not received your results within 48 hours, call the provider on the COVID-19 results hotline.

If the test is positive

A positive test result means you have COVID-19.

Your doctor or the public health unit will provide you with advice.

The local public health unit will also contact you to interview you and identify your close contacts. The guidelines for people who have confirmed COVID-19 infection apply.

If the test is negative

A negative test result means you do not have COVID-19.

You must continue to follow the relevant guidelines for self-isolation and remain in isolation for 14 full days if you are a person who

  • is a close contact of another person with COVID-19
  • is in home quarantine due to overseas travel
  • has been advised by the Public Health Unit to remain in isolation.

COVID-19 Chief Health Officer update – 27/08/2021

  • Victoria was notified of 79 new cases of COVID-19 yesterday. All were locally acquired cases.
  • There are 660 active cases in Victoria – 656 locally acquired and four overseas acquired cases.
  • The total number of confirmed cases in Victoria since the beginning of the pandemic is 21,771. One historic case was reclassified
  • See full details in the interactive daily report

How long does it take to get Covid results

After getting tested for coronavirus, you should receive your findings within (2)two days (COVID-19). Your results will usually be communicated to you via text message or phone call. There may be delays, and it may take longer. Contact the location where you underwent the test if you have not received your findings within two days.

How to cancel Covid disaster payment

You can also complete a change of circumstance if you want to cancel your COVID-19 Disaster Payment.

Take the following steps:

  • Select Centrelink while logged in to myGov.
  • On the COVID-19 Disaster Payment – Update Your Circumstances task, click Start.
  • Answer the questions by following the prompts.
  • Examine and submit your revision.

If you still need it, you can submit a new claim.

If you have a change in your circumstances, you must tell us within 14 days. If you don’t, you could get a debt which you’ll need to repay.

You’ll need to let us know if there are changes to any of the following:

  • your employment such as your employer
  • your hours of work compared to the last claiming period
  • your bank account details
  • your residence status
  • where you live or work
  • if you are no longer subject to a second public health order as a result of being present in a COVID-19 hotspot
  • your employer starts paying your usual income to you as they’re getting Retaining Domestic Airline Capability
  • payments on your behalf.


You’ll also need to let us know if you start getting any of the following:

  • Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment
  • any state based pandemic payment
  • employer funded pandemic-related leave entitlements
  • an income support payment, Dad and Partner Pay, Parental Leave Pay or ABSTUDY Living Allowance for any
  • days in the same claiming period as the COVID-19 Disaster Payment.
  • If you claimed online through myGov
  • Let us know about changes to your circumstances by completing the update your circumstances task in your
  • Centrelink online account.

Hausa.info We gather all the latest news and Special Interest in today Africa. Enjoy all the excitement in reading the best Articles.